Manufacturers Operational Business Intelligence Survey
Study Shows Manufacturing Companies Struggling to Manage Organizational Complexities
The Archstone Consulting study revealed in a survey that over 90% of the companies surveyed are reporting challenges with implementing a successful Operational Business Intelligence (BI) program.
Other findings from the study includes:
- While Archstone's Manufacturers Operational Business Intelligence Survey found that 80% of respondents have implemented Operational BI programs, the study also discovered several key challenges companies face when implementing successful
Operational BI programs including:
- Lack of data timeliness, transparency and availability (92% of respondents)
- Insufficient actionable data (85% of respondents)
- Enterprise applications "silo'ed" (77% of respondents)
- Shortage of effective governance/maintenance (69% of respondents)
- Lack of analytic skill sets (62% of respondents)
The survey also uncovered other business trends that are occurring that are changing the environment, such as:
- Increased supply chain complexity - Global expansion, a larger number of partners, increased "nodes" of coordination, and increased outsourcing and off-shoring.
- Increased customer/competitive challenges - Faster product lifecycles, more products and configurations, shorter customer cycle time to delivery, increased order frequency, and need for multiple supply chains "tailored" amongst customers, channels and products.